Each of Ray's Food Place store locations has a budget for donations. The store manager will review the completed donation request form and determine whether the request will be approved. Approved requests for in-store donations are up to $100 in gift cards.
If the request exceeds the store's donation budget or requires special arrangements, the form will be forwarded to the corporate office for processing. In any case, the person making the request will be notified whether or not the request has been approved and where the gift card or check will need to be picked up and donation form signed.
Donations of cash, merchandise or Ray's Food Place gift cards will only be considered for non-profit organizations. Due to the large number of requests we receive, Ray's Food Place has established the following guidelines for donation requests:
- All organizations must have a 501(C)(3) status and include federal tax ID number.
- All letters must be on official organization letterhead. Computer generated flyers, e-mail and invitations are not formal letters and therefore are not considered proper request procedures for a donation, but may be attached to the donation form.
- The donation form must contain the date of the event, organization's tax ID number, address and phone number, the contact person's name, driver's license number, address and phone number, the type of fundraiser and in what capacity will the proceeds be utilized.
- Requests must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- We do not donate through a second or third party request. Donations are given directly to the benefiting organization.
- Only one request from an organization can be submitted each calendar year.
- Ray's Food Place evaluates each request in the context of Ray's Food Place' focus areas, company priorities, geographic relevance, available budget and eligible activities/restrictions.
- All incomplete request forms will be returned to the originating store or organization and will be re-scheduled for the next donation review meeting, which is typically every two weeks.
The following are not eligible for support:
- Advertising and promotions
- Reducing debts or past operating ventures
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Religious organizations
- Endowment funds
- Talent and beauty contests
- Named academic chairmanships or fellowships
- Generic request that may have been sent to various organizations
- Sports sponsorships
- Medical expenses
- Benefits for individuals
Please note that Rays Food Place receives a significant volume of requests and is therefore unable to accommodate all, no matter how much we might wish to do so.
Regardless of the level of funding requested, the process begins with a donation request form. This document is available in all Rays Food Place locations or by downloading the PDF file from our web site.
Simply complete the form, attach any supporting information and forward it to the local store manager. All donation requests must be submitted a minimum thirty (30) days in advance of the date that the donation is needed. Responses may take as long as two weeks to process once the donation is approved.
Donation Form and Exp Combined Web (PDF)